Wednesday 16 March 2011

TRAVIS BARKER FEAT. EVERYONE

I'M BACK ON THE WEB. 2 months later, my laptop is fixed, AT LAST.

Firstly I'd like to say a big fuck you to Stormfront for trying to charge me £900 for something which should have been free. Wankers.

Anyway, since my last post some stuff's happened, including getting a new job. Such a relief to no longer have to work in B&S, it was so shit. Finger's crossed the new career will be better. I'm pretty confident it will be!


So, in other news, Travis Barker released his 'solo' album yesterday. It includes the likes of Rick Ross,  Ludacris, Swizz Beats, The Game, Snoop, Lil Wayne, Corey Taylor, Cypress Hill, The Transplants, Busta Rhymes and more. Quite some roster.

Track one, Can a Drummer get some? is a great start to the record, with a heavy riff, a nice beat from Travis, and guest slots for Weezy, Rick Ross, The Game and Swizz Beats. It sets the tone for the next hour:



Musically, the album is pretty broad. The majority of the album is hip-hop but by no means all, which is quite refreshing in a way. Although the rockier tracks are not so much to my tastes it's good to mix it up a bit, and honestly I think the album would have gotten a bit tiring without them.

So far, I like this track, Raw Shit, the most:



While it's not likely to be my album of the year or anything, it IS good. A few tracks drag a little, but it's definitely worth a listen.

And now, a joke about drummers:

A drummer, sick of all the drummer jokes, decides to change his instrument. After some thought, he decides on the accordion. So he goes to the music store and says to the owner, "I'd like to look at the accordions, please."
The owner gestures to a shelf in the corner and says "All our accordions are over there."
After browsing, the drummer says, "I think I'd like the big red one in the corner."
The store owner looks at him and says, "You're a drummer, aren't you?"
The drummer, crestfallen, says, "How did you know?"
The store owner says, "That `big red accordion' is the radiator."

LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment